• April 19, 2014, 05:24:12 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: A new forum look! Awww yeah!

Author Topic: TOONAMI'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 545 times)

pedro90

TOONAMI'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 01, 2012, 01:57:17 AM »
TOM HAS RETURNED!!!!!!

Toonami has replaced standard adult swim. atleast today it has. I'm really hoping this is not some adult swim ultra mega troll april fools day prank.

The Black Knights

• Global Moderator
  • The 2500 Club
  • 破滅の王の下に。。。
    • BookFace
Re: TOONAMI'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »
It was an April Fool's thing
Toonami is not coming back
/thread

Bearer of the Ark Shard, The Capslock Elemental, Brave Warrior of Fate, Quester of the List, Conqueror of the Bear Space Empire, Super the Black Knights

pedro90

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »
actually not so fast.

cartoon networks rates skyrocketed and toonami was the most tweeted thing world wide.

it was just wishful thinking till yesterday when adultswim tweeted "If you want it back, let us no. #Bringbacktoonami
there have been millions of tweets since yesterday and counting. Not to mention a petition online with thousands of signatures by people wanting the same thing, started last saturday. it is in the top 50 things tweeted about this week. also cartoon network just brought back cartoon planet on friday nights which is a block of TV devoted to oldschool new millenium cartoons they had parted with, to which there already was great response to.

this is due to the same reason nickelodeon brought back their 90's broadcasting- being that there has been an overwhelming response of people wanting old nostaligic shows. Adding Toonami would just sweeten the pot.

So far it seems that Cartoon network is at least considering bringing the block back.

TheMightyWeakling

• The 2500 Club
  • A dandy guy... in space
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
actually not so fast.

cartoon networks rates skyrocketed and toonami was the most tweeted thing world wide.

it was just wishful thinking till yesterday when adultswim tweeted "If you want it back, let us no. #Bringbacktoonami
there have been millions of tweets since yesterday and counting. Not to mention a petition online with thousands of signatures by people wanting the same thing, started last saturday. it is in the top 50 things tweeted about this week. also cartoon network just brought back cartoon planet on friday nights which is a block of TV devoted to oldschool new millenium cartoons they had parted with, to which there already was great response to.

this is due to the same reason nickelodeon brought back their 90's broadcasting- being that there has been an overwhelming response of people wanting old nostaligic shows. Adding Toonami would just sweeten the pot.

So far it seems that Cartoon network is at least considering bringing the block back.

Yeah, CN is definitely considering it.
The Luffy with the yellow backpack (from ohayocon 2011 and colossalcon 2011 - saturday for both)

Cosplays 2014:
Luffy (Enies Lobby) (One Piece)
Dandy (Space Dandy)
Lupin III (Green Jacket) (Lupin III)

pedro90

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:46 PM »
as of a couple of hours ago. Adult swim has tweeted: We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest- stay tuned.

now we play the waiting game...

TheMightyWeakling

• The 2500 Club
  • A dandy guy... in space
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »
as of a couple of hours ago. Adult swim has tweeted: We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest- stay tuned.

now we play the waiting game...

I hope they bring it back.  I never got the chance to watch Toonami when it used to be on.
The Luffy with the yellow backpack (from ohayocon 2011 and colossalcon 2011 - saturday for both)

Cosplays 2014:
Luffy (Enies Lobby) (One Piece)
Dandy (Space Dandy)
Lupin III (Green Jacket) (Lupin III)

Kitsune Hazard

• Derpy Fox
  • Divide and confuse!
    • Kitsuneverse
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:05:39 AM »
Eh, Toonami was utter crap the final few years. Now if they go back to what it was from 2000-2004 in level of quality shows and all that...then awesome, but outside of that...meh.

Editor: Kitsuneverse
2013 Cons: Anime Central, Anime North, Colossalcon, Anthrocon, Bronycon/Atomic Lollipop, Nekocon
2013 Past Cons: Steel City Con, Ohayocon, Marcon, Tekkoshocon

Verdigris

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 09:09:42 PM »
Being the total and complete butthurt I am, I don't really remember much of Toonami being all that great and when it came back for April Fools, I was surprised at the amount of passion I found inside everyone for it.

Honestly, I was a fan of Adult Swim.  Well, before it became all crappy live action stuff.  The only show I'm a fan of for that they've ever had that's live action is Tim and Eric Awesome Show.  And even that got a little on the weird side.

SuperFloree

• The Epic Canadian :P
  • ITS OVER ONE THOUSAND!
  • HELLO PEOPLES!!! (^o^)
    • Just Some Stuff :P
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 09:35:35 PM »
I have no idea what you guys are talking about cuz I don't have Cartoon Network :( Wish I did...
I should put something here, shouldn't I?

Kitsune Hazard

• Derpy Fox
  • Divide and confuse!
    • Kitsuneverse
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:04 PM »
Being the total and complete butthurt I am, I don't really remember much of Toonami being all that great and when it came back for April Fools, I was surprised at the amount of passion I found inside everyone for it.

Honestly, I was a fan of Adult Swim.  Well, before it became all crappy live action stuff.  The only show I'm a fan of for that they've ever had that's live action is Tim and Eric Awesome Show.  And even that got a little on the weird side.

Early on Toonami showed some great stuff like Cardcaptor Sakura, Evangelion, Samurai Jack, .hack//SIGN, Tenchi Muyo, Robotech, ReBoot, etc...it's only later it started to get meh...

Editor: Kitsuneverse
2013 Cons: Anime Central, Anime North, Colossalcon, Anthrocon, Bronycon/Atomic Lollipop, Nekocon
2013 Past Cons: Steel City Con, Ohayocon, Marcon, Tekkoshocon

fitzyizgood

• Musician, Otaku, Philosopher... Fitzy
  • His MP... ITS OVER 9000!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 10:12:50 PM »
I have no idea what you guys are talking about cuz I don't have Cartoon Network :( Wish I did...
Ehh youd need a time machine and a bit of time at night for you to see the good stuff, toonami was my friday night (i think lolx) for a good couple years
Cosplays for 2014:
Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed 4)
King Kawaii (me being an idiot with king attire on)
Panel ideas:
Legend of Zelda Appreciation (3rd year, May not submit)
Final Fantasy Appreciation (2nd year)
Assassins Creed Appreciation (2nd year)
Sword Art Online Appreciation! (1st year! Please support!)

Verdigris

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »
Early on Toonami showed some great stuff like Cardcaptor Sakura, Evangelion, Samurai Jack, .hack//SIGN, Tenchi Muyo, Robotech, ReBoot, etc...it's only later it started to get meh...

I only really watched .hack//SIGN and Cardcaptor Sakura from that anyway and .hack// was on Adult Swim and I got my weekly fixinz of Cardcaptor Sakura on Saturday mornin tele.